Friday, November 5, 2010

Visual organization

When I am developing an idea, visual inspiration is very important to me. I need a place to spread out all my images and see the whole spectrum of visuals in front of me. I have recently started using a website called "Pinterest" to help me do this. It acts like an electronic pinboard. When I find an image that sparks my interest, or describes an idea for me visually, I can "pin" it to my board. When I click on my board, I see all the images I've selected appear on one big screen. I can add descriptions to my images, and they all have a link at the top that takes me back to the original webpage. There I can find other relevant information, read articles attached to the image, etc... It's been such a great resource to me as I'm piecing together my thoughts for this project.

You can find my thesis board here.


No comments:

Post a Comment